Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Ongoing List of Forms of Hypnosis

Last I week I mentioned we would be talking about the various forms of hypnosis, and guess what - we are. It is not something that can go in one post, but is going to take some time. Also, please feel free to jump in the comment section to voice your thoughts, opinions, and questions. It would be great if we could get a definitive list of types of hypnosis, but it seems to be ever growing and changing.

Here is a basic list of what comes to my mind this Tuesday morning:

  • Traditional Hypnosis
  • Authoritative Hypnosis
  • Permissive Hypnosis
  • Conversational Hypnosis
  • Clinical Hypnosis
  • Scripted Hypnosis
  • Self-hypnosis
  • Interactive Hypnosis
  • Regression
  • Parts Therapy
  • Manchester Protocol
  • North Carolina Protocol
  • Theatrical Hypnosis
  • Ericksonian Hypnosis
  • Neuro-Linguistic Programming (I am torn on this one - I am not so sure that it should be considered hypnosis, as it is its own thing, but it is used in hypnosis...any thoughts?)
  • Distance Hypnosis
  • Emotional Freedom Technique (again this is its own thing, but is sometimes used in hypnosis)
  • Forensic Hypnosis
  • Emergency Hypnosis
  • Non-verbal Hypnosis
  • Group Hypnosis
  • Driving Hypnosis
  • Covert Hypnosis
  • Media Hypnosis
  • Tapping (this is more technique, but I think it counts)
Again, this is just what comes to my mind on my first cup of tea. I really would like to keep the list going, so please do add to it.

No comments: