Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Which Initials Please You Most?

More thoughts on the degree thing. Which would be better for being a hypnotist – being a counselor or being a psychologist? This gets really touchy. There are many different types, such as Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Independent Social Worker (LIS), and Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW). Then there are therapists: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Psychologist (PhD, PsyD, EdD). And these are just Us designations. Good grief.

Again, I reiterate, there needs to be an accredited hypnotherapy college out there.

No comments: