Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Toothy Tale

Recently I have been negotiating with a few dentists to work with their clients who want hypnosis. And as always, I have had to wait in those waiting rooms, filled with clients just getting teeth cleaned and cavities filled. We end up talking and as they undoubtedly tell me their dental woes, I cannot help but empathize.

It brings back my own dental issues, though thankfully, my last several visits have just been for cleanings. However, there was the filling that decided it wanted a departure from my tooth at a most inappropriate moment. It was one of those rare, romantic moments that is almost perfect, yet, becomes a farce when the body gets involved. We were drinking some fabulous red wine and indulging in sweet nothings in between bites of decadent fondue on French bread. You can see this coming, can’t you. Yes, it was the bread that did it (isn’t it always the bread?). As I was daintily trying to digest a tasty morsel, practically holding my breath for the next exquisite word from my companion, I bit down on something hard. And sure enough, as I spit it out as quaintly as I could into the linen napkin, I found the remnants of a filling I had when I was four years old. I tried to be discrete and keep the moment alive, but darn that tongue. I could not stop testing the tooth and the opening that was left. Finally, his patience waned and he asked what on earth I was doing with my mouth gestures. So, I came clean, as the the candles were extinguished, aspirin was found, and the lights came back on.

Ah well. How nice it would have been if I could have just re-affixed the filling with something akin to rubber cement. I was fairly desperate for temporary dental repair. Even a 60-minute solution like Dentemp OS would have been perfect. And after talking with those people in the dentist office the other day, I think it might have made several people a little more comfortable. It apparently does the following:

  • Provides fast, temporary relief of pain and discomfort.
  • Just remove it from its plastic vial and it's ready to use. No Mess! No Mixing! Several Applications in each vial.
  • Replaces lost fillings and may be used to temporarily cement loose crowns.
  • You can eat on it within 30 minutes of setting.
  • All products have been tested and fully comply with FDA Regulations for Oral Care.



No comments: