Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Resolution to Try Hypnotic Journaling

So here it is, 2008. There always seems to be a little sadness in leaving the old year behind us, but maybe that is part of the magic of moving forward.

I suspect the blogisphere is full of new resolutions this morning and it seems like a prime opportunity to create a list of some sort. But I am not today. Rather, I will let you in on my resolution. As a hypnotist, this is a popular time to tout the ideas of change since everyone seems primed to do so. Instead of coming up of one of many things to change, I am resolved this year to do something I have wanted to do for awhile. As mentioned yesterday, I am going to use 2008 as a ground for experimentation. I am going to go through the various process out there in the world that tout evolving the self, creating a peaceful consciousness, moving forward form the static. The new blog is being ready (have you suggested a name for it?).

My first exploration involves hypnosis, how could it not? We will be delving into Sophie Nicholls' Hypnotic Journaling: Learn powerful creative journaling techniques that will help you to explore yourself and your feelings in just five days. Sounds like the perfect beginning point for a blog. It is also easily accessible in an ebook format, so if any of you want to do this with me, please consider doing so. To learn more about this book, Sophie, or to purchase it, visit her web site at www.hypnoticjournaling.com. She has also agreed to be present during the process, so this is really exciting.

Here are her four key points for why one would be interested in her process:

  1. If you’re the kind of person who wants to break free from old habits and limited patterns of thinking, this book will help you to do just that.
  2. If you’ve already discovered the secrets of self-hypnosis as a powerful tool for personal transformation, but you’re always on the look out for new techniques, then this is the book for you.
  3. If you love to write but never quite know how to begin, this is the book for you.
  4. If there’s an issue or situation that you feel you’d like to work through, privately, in your own time, then you can start that process right now, even if it’s the middle of the night, by downloading Hypnotic Journaling.


The time frame:
I am deciding on blog titles until this Thursday.
On Friday, I hope to unveil the new blog.
I hope to begin Hypnotic Journaling next Monday.

2 comments:

Diana M. Raab said...

As a journaling advocate who teaches journaling, I read your article with great interest. My hat is off to you for wanting to start the New Year in this way. I am sure journaling will bring you many benefits for years to come. It is a passion and habit which you can grow old with.

I have been journaling since the age of ten. You might be interested in reading my new book, "Regina's Closet: Finding My Grandmother's Secret Journal" (Beaufort Books, 2007). It is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and whereever books are sold.

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Cheers,
Diana
http://www.dianaraab.com

The Transparent Hypnotist said...

Thanks Diana!