Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Quiet Mind



This morning I awake to find that my mind is fairly quiet (or maybe just a bit like thick sludge) and I do not seem to have much to say. I have been doing a lot of reading lately such as The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, which everyday there is a passage that seems to have something that pertains to me and how I feel, and perhaps today, this is why I am quiet.

You may be wondering what a hypnotist is doing reading a such a book, but it is not a terribly curious thing. I have been around hypnotist who brag about their library and that they are reading this hypnosis book or that, but I have come to appreciate that there is more out than just books about hypnosis. We need a deeper perspective and knowledge base if we are truly going to help others. Meditation and evolution are a large part of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, as is finding a way to ease our own human suffering through consciousness. Sounds like what some of us do in our practices.

So, for those of you hypnotist who have rolled your eyes at this, for shame! For those who are shaking your head positively, good for you!

And since I have not asked this in a while, what books are you reading (hypnosis or otherwise)?

No comments: