Friday, January 11, 2008

10 Questions with Tom Nicoli



Location: Woburn, MA

Cyber Locations:








1. Are you a full time hypnotist, part-time or hobbyist?

Full time

2. Do you specialize in any type of hypnosis?

I work in many areas of personal development / behavior modification as well as mind body connection for physical health and healing.

3. Is there any type of hypnosis you do not do? Why?

There is nothing I shy away from that I consider a hypnotic process, i.e. past life regression, age regression, etc.

4. Do you use self-hypnosis regularly in your life? If so, how?

Yes. I use self-hypnosis daily to maintain a positive outlook, healthy habits and to open the door to a higher level of awareness on a spiritual level.

5. Describe your hypnosis office or work setting.

We are located in a professional building located in a business park. It is business conservative, with a reception area and two offices. The second office is large enough for small groups for training and workshops.

6. Describe a typical day in your life.

Is there such a thing? My days are very calm even if busy, no pressure. I have become successful with offered trainings, seminars, product and the internet so I have scaled down to only 3 days per week in the office to see clients, Tues., Wed. and Thurs. I previously did around 2,000 sessions per year.

If I have to set an alarm it's to be at the office in time for my first
session which is 10 AM at the earliest. Life at home is very comfortable as there is no pressure from my wife of 17 years, Cheryl, nor 16 year old son Jesse. I am very blessed in this area and I know it. I pretty much do what I need to do, when I need to do it and am very grateful for that, be it travel, work in hypnotism or with my music as I still play professionally. Basically, I once dreamed of the life I now live and am always in gratitude.

7. Where did you get your training in hypnosis and are you certified?

I trained with Al Litchfield at 7 States Hypnotherapy in Massachusetts. I am NGH Board Certified, an NGH Certified Instructor and member of the NGH Advisory Board.

8. Most fabulous hypnosis technique you use?

Not sure there is really just one. I enjoy the many benefits of rapid
inductions and also Ultra Height work by Jerry Kein.

9. Worse moment ever in a hypnosis setting that ended up being a valuable learning experience.

When I totally blew it doing a rapid induction with a client and literally scared her out of the chair... hands come together while eyes are closed, pulling them down and commanding "sleep". I immediately reframed and said, "That's okay Deb... that just means that one isn't best for you." Whew...

10. Any words of advice to potential clients or other hypnotist.

Clients: Be confident to ask all the questions you need in order to be with the hypnotist best suited for you, one who is certified. Also, instinct works... go with your gut feeling.

Hypnotists: Be well trained, continue to increase your skills and training and avoid using credentials that don't help us as a profession... non accredited "Dr." titles, "Master Hypnotist" etc. Also, once certified, start working. The best teacher will be experience. Be confident to apply what you learn and know there will be trial and error... that's life.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Tom is a wonderful example of what we as hypnotists should all aspire to be.