Monday, January 28, 2008

A Digital Project, Maybe



Just thought I would remind you again that the next upcoming project on The Unwinding Path is going to be The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards.

My copy just arrived moments ago, so I am pretty ready to get going on it, but I am holding off until next Monday. That way if you want to join me in the process, you can.

Something I have been thinking about though is the idea of doing the exercises digitally rather than using a sketch pad. I would really like to get a bit better with my digital drawing tablet and pen (you may know I have an inclination towards animation) and this seems like it would be a great way to do both. My thoughts would be to do this in Photoshop. Photoshop Brushes are really diverse in textures and styles, and there are some really awesome free brushes available that can add even more creativity to the palettes. Perhaps this may be overstepping the exercises, but I like the idea of drawing on various background patterns. It makes it more interesting in my mind.

Tomorrow I will be posting more information on The Unwinding Path.


No comments: