Friday, December 28, 2007

10 Questions with Debbie Lane




Location: Palm Harbor, Florida

Cyber Locations:
www.wisdomhypnosis.com
http://wisdomhypnosis.blogspot.com/


1. Are you a full time hypnotist, part-time or hobbyist?

I am in full time practice. Actually, I live and breathe hypnosis.

2. Do you specialize in any type of hypnosis?

As a result of my working with the “Hiccup Girl” back in the beginning of the year, I seem to have developed a specialty in body reactions such as hiccups, burping and other “emissions”. My favorite issue however, is weight management.

3. Is there any type of hypnosis you do not do? Why?

I will refer a client to another therapist I know who does both hypnosis and Equine therapy if I feel the issue is beyond my scope.

4. Do you use self-hypnosis regularly in your life?If so, how?

I use it daily for just about everything! I use self-hypnosis for powerful thinking, creative problem solving and as a result of my incredible schedule (I know I create my own) I use it for stress reduction.

5. Describe your hypnosis office or work setting.

The office is wonderful! I share space with a doctor of acupuncture and several massage therapists. It is an adorable yellow cottage in a sleepy little town (Palm Harbor, FL). Inside, we have created so much serenity that even the pest control guy likes to “hang out”. I have pictures on my website:

http://www.wisdomhypnosis.com/Hypnosis-FAQS.html


This shows a quick shot of my office.

http://www.wisdomhypnosis.com/news.html

This shows the outside view. Sometimes I wonder just what I did right to be so lucky.


6. Describe a typical day in your life.

Typical is never a word used in conjunction with my name or any description of me. The closest I can come, is to say that I am on the computer working by 6:30 a.m. daily and I am out the door to my office or meetings by 9:00 at the latest. I return to the computer at the end of my day (times vary) and manage to schedule time for an incredibly supportive husband and the two best sons a mother could have.


7. Where did you get your training in hypnosis and are you certified?

I am certified through the National Guild of Hypnotists
and The International Association of Counselors and Therapists. I was trained byNaturalife Institute.

8. Most fabulous hypnosis technique you use?

I can’t say that any one is the best. I listen to my clients, really listen and then trust my intuition as to the tool to pull from my “tool box”. I am aware of colleagues who swear by one method andone method only. That seems limiting. I will confess, before every client I spend time in quiet contemplation thinking about their issue. Before seeing the Hiccup Girl, I journaled for 2 hours, considering over and over what was the best way to assist her into peace and quiet. The answers flowed as she spoke with me.


9. Worse moment ever in a hypnosis setting that ended up being a valuable learning experience.

At a recent conference I attended, I was to teach a 2 hour workshop. I arrived in a timely manner for the first nights events, was thrilled with the evening events and went to bed feeling quite smug that this would be a proud moment. Then, about 2 hours into sleep, I sat straight up in bed and realized that I had left my clothes home! I called my husband who confirmed my “greatest fears” and offered to drive them the several hour trip to me. I declined and thank heavens for Wal-mart, found something I could wear for the presentation. I told the group the whole truth and turned it into a good amount of humor (with me taking most of the ribbing).
I learned/confirmed to keep ‘em laughing.


10. Any words of advice to potential clients or other hypnotist.

To potential clients, be sure you feel comfortable with your hypnotist. Ask questions, remember you are in control of this session and the outcome!

To other hypnotists, I can only say, do what you love and it will shine through. What other profession can you be in where you fall in love with the work and the people daily? Remember, however, it is a business, so be ready to work for success.

No comments: