Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thoughts from Gloria on the NGH Conference

Last week we heard from Gloria Constantas during the discussion on verbal impact. She sent me a wonderful email about her NGH conference experience (from her blog) and has given me permission to share it with you.

The convention was wonderful. I'm so glad I get to do this at least once per year. I love the combination of education and socialization. So much talent, so little time! The speakers are still fantastic. I've been going 11 years now and I'm impressed every time I go. I get to meet new people and reconnect with others that I rarely get to see. Kevin Hogan greeted me warmly with a hug. The interview I did with him will be available as a podcast before the end of September. That's why I went to Gerry Kein's workshop on podcasting. That was very entertaining as well as informative. Dick Sutphen shared the secrets of brain washing with us in a seminar on Friday. I wasn't able to attend his seminar last year, as it was at the same time as mine (Creative Hypnosis). The most intriguing seminar I saw was called Neurovasculars and Hypnosis, presented by Laurie Barefoot. She was in my certified instructor class last year and had a presentation right after mine on Sunday. I had never heard of neurovascular points before, but I think I will begin to hear lots more about them. It was very interesting.
Unfortunately, I had to leave the convention early (before 1pm) in order to catch the only direct flight back to Tampa. I won't mention the airline, but I think I will make an effort to avoid this one next year. After clearing security, I went to my gate and boarded the plane. After a few minutes the captain announced there was a tiny problem. A half-hour later it was a major problem and we were allowed to leave the plane, as it would be over 3 hours before we could make repairs or get a different plane. Since I would not be home in time for dinner as I had planned, I decided to get dinner at a nice restaurant if I could find one. The food was good and I met someone who was interested in hypnosis who was waiting for the same flight.
It all turned out okay (I did get home safely and my luggage returned with me).
But If I didn't have to rush out before the end of the convention, I could have seen a workshop called $100K, the Easy Way, by another talented speaker, Keith MacLean. I heard it was amazing, so I'm going to purchase the CD. The good thing is that all the workshops are recorded, so at least I can find out what I missed.

No comments: