Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Question of Organizations

There are a few organizations for hypnotist out there. How does one ever decide which one's to join? And why join? What's the point?

There, that's it, the Sunday Question. Organizations - which ones do you have membership in and why? And if you do not belong to any, why?

If you have been reading this blog for a little while, you probably already know my affiliation with the National guild of Hypnotists. But why are my loyalties there? Well, when thinking about going professional, I talked to as many people as I could and looked into various associations. As I was barely starting out, I did not have a lot of money to spend on memberships so I chose one. That meant it had to be really inclusive. I chose the NGH because it represented several interests (performance, clinical, metaphysical, etc.), was well established with a large membership and time, offered certificated that is respected, and had decent prices on vendors with malpractice.

So that's mine, how about you?

No comments: