Saturday, July 28, 2007

Team Building and Paintball

My partner and I have been discussing the concept of presenting team building workshops. My role would be to facilitate a self-hypnosis section and be available for assisting with the rest. His role is to incorporate paintball warfare. Well, needless to say, my girlishness got a bit piqued at this. Frankly I would have thought I would prefer a civil discussion over a cup of tea (or a pint). But then after a brief pout, I listened again. He spoke those motivational words of female empowerment, games of strategy, and showing the strength of mind in action. He definitely had my attention. Maybe there is something to this.

“Well, what about the pain element?” I asked. I have always heard being hit with paint pellets hurts. He suggested hypnosis. Clever, thought I.

But what about safety? He got me over this hurdle by suggesting that we invest in safety gear, such as a protective chest vests, knee pads, neck protectors, eye shields or goggles and gloves.

So, it has been my job this afternoon to learn more about this potential sport and research pricing. Indeed my partner is right, there is quite an assort of gear involved and available. My paintball research took me to the Ultimate Paintball site. I had no idea that there were so many varieties of guns and accessories involved. They carry the popular Tippmann A-5, Tippmann 98 Custom, Smart Parts Ion, Spyder Pilot ACS guns and systems (yes, systems) as well as others. They also carry products from Dye and Draxxus paintball gear plus many more brands. In comparing their prices to other companies, they seem to offer decent discounts on good quality items (or at least items that have many good reviews from users from various other sources). Plus, they offer free shipping for purchases over $200, which means you have a greater selection then what you might find locally for a lot less than retail. I suggest reviewing their paintball guns and their other resources if you are interested in running similar workshops or just want to pursue this as a hobby.

And for the wuss in me, or as I like to call it the "safety consciousness" me, they do offer a choice of safety products. This is great because in potentially offering paintball in a workshop, safety has to be our first concern.

The other good thing about this site is that it has live chat help and assistance, which coming into this with little knowledge and a whole lot of questions, is perfect. Their employees all play paintball and seem very knowledgeable. This too adds to a feeling of security.

But before I totally committee to agreeing to help with a paintball team building workshop, I have to give it a go. I will let you know how it all plays out. And hey, anyone out there - please consider making a paintball wardrobe for women. I like camo, but it would be nice to have something more form fitting to a female body. I may get splattered, but that is no excuse not to look good. LOL.

View Ellie's Disclosure Policy.

No comments: