Thursday, February 7, 2008

Being the Guerrilla

Sometimes I could just scream (and maybe I will - primal scream therapy, kinda nice). Marketing, marketing, marketing. That is all there ever is or so it seems. Imagine that phrase said in a Jan Brady sort of way and you have my tone and my meaning. It really eats into time. What sort of world is this where rather than being good at what we do, we have to indulge in these things we do not do well. I know it comes with the territory, but it is really burning my energy until a client comes in and I remember why I go through it. But it would be nice to have more clients, less marketing.

With that said, I am always looking for some sort of marketing thing that will not zap me. The is one of the reason's why I started The Unwinding Path- so I could try out various things in a way that I enjoy (being that I am an addicted blogger). So then comes along Guerrilla Multilevel Marketing, a book and strategy by Jay Levinson and James Dillehay, which may prove to be an inspiration. They have devised a system for Network Marketing Leads. On their web site they offer a free sample chapter, which was an easy read (not talking over or under my level) and the table of contents. Perhaps it is like most products of this sort in the sense that it is all common sense, but it looks like it would be a good direction to follow.

Has any one else tried the Guerrilla Marketing process? Any one interested in trying it with me in a month or so?

No comments: