Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hypno-Massage

Recently, I decided to explore sister modalities to the hypno realm, and tried a hypno-massage. If you ever have the opportunity I recommend trying it. It can be a wonderful and beautiful experience.

Basically, the idea is to use massage as a relaxation tool in order to bring one to an alpha level (oh why or why can't it all be alphabetical - I so crave a natural order - with alpha being the waking or normal consciousness and beta being a the relaxation level? Perhaps I should have learned the Greek alphabet). My particular experience used a more guided imagery approach to help relieve some physical pains of which I have been suffering. The lady I saw is also an energy worker and intuitive healer. New age perhaps, but I'm so willing to take those routes before committing to a problem and the medication associated with it.

At one point my body began to tremble uncontrollably, which was interesting. After she helped me return to normal consciousness, she discussed her findings, which included perhaps having another physical and tweaking a few habits, along with some meditative suggestions.

All in all, I was extremely happy, felt a weight lifted and realized that some of my thoughts were reframed. Very nice.

No comments: