Thursday, June 21, 2007

So Deep

I tried it out yesterday, a deepener without numbers. In fact, I avoided numbers totally, even in the awakener. And really, I cannot thank all of you enough for your advice. My client loved it. He even experienced an amnesic state, which has only happened one or two other times.

Since you shared with me, I will with you. I played off the idea of colors getting deeper and darker, using the theme of the late afternoon sun setting into a comfortable darkness (I gave the option for a light source if it made him feel more relaxed). So as the sun set, I suggested that he become more and more relaxed, etc. When it came time to help him return to normal consciousness, I used the imagery of the sun rising. As the light became brighter in description, he slowly returned to normal consciousness.

This actually seems effective because my office is fairly bright with sunlight. So this really plays to the reality for a while.

This was one of those things that turned out to be a great gift. It pulled me out of a rut, helped me learn more, and it feels really good that my client was able to tell me what he needed (in a way that I could hear and understand) so he could allow himself to go deeper into the hypnotic experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like that! My consulting room gets a lot of natural sunlight as well, so I think I'll shamelessly steal that idea from you. ;^)

- Michael Raugh, C.H.

The Transparent Hypnotist said...

You, sir, are most welcome to it! Enjoy!