Tuesday, April 24, 2007

If The World Were Ending...

...what would you do? Would you continue to drink that morning can of pop, finish another cigarette, go to work? Would your life continue as it is until the end, bitter or not?

I say - Yes. Yes, I would continue as I am, doing what I love best and spending quality time with those I love.

What brings this on? I have continued to check my post on the alien forum. Some poor, sad soul wrote that my question about alien abduction hypnosis dieare irrelevant because we are doomed to extinction. True perhaps in the way that from the moment we are born, we begin the dying process. But never the less, here we are, another breathe to take, another chance to "be". Everything can change in a moment, so I suspect, so could any potential extinction on our part.

Anyway, with that out of my system...what is it about the Internet and anything one can comment on that brings out the monsters within? (Maybe it isn't out of my system.) Who knows if the person who replied to me is serious (but if everything is irrelevant because its about to end, than it will only fuel the fires of self-perpetuation) or just very sad, but that's not even a bad comment - perhaps a cry for help? But I continue to read other topics and what seems to inspire dialogue are more vapid and rather lame (I won't say childish because I won't insult the intelligent children I know). Much seems to run away from the original topic. Why do we do this?

Now I'm done with my rant. Perhaps we'll talk tomorrow of ships and things, and ceiling wax and other paltry things...

2 comments:

Lee Darrow said...

"We are all doomed to extinction..."

So?

Nobody gets out of this life alive (at least in the same way they came in to it, so the person who is kvetching about out becoming extinct is missing the point about living which is to LIVE!

Sometimes those with an overriding agenda can miss such obvious things...

Which proves Darrow's First Law: "Common Sense Ain't! If It WAS, Then There'd Be A LOT more OF it Around!"

Respectfully submitted,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Chicago, IL

P.S. You have a superb blog! Keep up the great work! - LD

The Transparent Hypnotist said...

Thanks for posting Lee!!! Your sentiments are so very true. By the way,love your hypno shows!